Posted by saindeed.com on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 Under: Learnerships
PWC are looking to offer learnership opportunities within the finance sector to accountancy students located in the Port Elizabeth area.
- A training contract is a learnership contract for 3 years where you will be applying the theory learnt at university to the practical environment, including:
- • Performing audit procedures at clients to express an opinion on their financial records
- • Working closely with audit teams to ensure client deadlines are met
- • Working in a challenging business environment
- • Interacting with people on various levels of experience
- • Gaining a wealth of experience on best business practices
- • Progressing steadily throughout the three years to qualify as a Chartered Accountant, this includes writing the qualifying exams and achieving the necessary core hours as prescribed by SAICA. Core experience obtained during your learnership includes auditing, accounting, financial management, secretarial systems, taxation and estates, business information systems.
Competencies / Skills:
- •Studying towards, or have successfully completed studies towards the Chartered Accountant (South Africa) CA (SA) qualification (qualifications include a B Com in accounting or equivalent at any SAICA accredited university)
- •You may apply for a training contract at any stage from first year through to final year, however your training contract will only commence the year following successful completion of your Honours/CTA
- • Skills required include: obtaining consistent passes in all subjects from first year through to final year, proficient in English, good communication and interpersonal skills, drive, determination, leadership potential, deadline driven, pay keen attention to detail, logical thinker. Participating in extramural activities at school and/or university will be advantageous.
How to apply
In : Learnerships
Tags: ''pwc learnerships''